Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

We Kiwi’s have always been good sports so in the spirit on Australia Day I made the Aussie’s in my life something special, just for them!
 
 

I started with vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with the flattest tops so the flag would look even. Three by four cupcakes are great dimensions for a realistic look and the most cupcake carriers’ holds are twelve on each tier so easy to transport and present as a whole.

 
 

First I lightly frosted the tops.



Then I covered the tops with blue fondant. I can’t stress this enough; use powder or gel colouring! I haven’t had a chance to buy either so I had to use a heck of a lot of colour to get the shade I wanted.


Since the union jack is red on white the white went on first.  

 

Then the red; super easy.

 

As for the left over cupcakes I tinted some frosting light teal and in keeping with the Australian theme I finished them off with more flags. 



No comments:

Post a Comment